Friday, February 13, 2009

New Kid in Town



So, it's about time.  I'm finally posting about my "little" sister's first baby!  I can't tell you how much we've burned up the road between Franklin, TN, and SC for this little girl!  The week of baby Reagan's arrival alone, we drove to my folks' house, then to Columbia and back three times, to Charlotte and back once, and to Asheville and back once before coming home.  Grand total?  Somewhere near 21oo miles in 9 days.  YoYo is a SAINT-that little boy never cried once, although he did ask, "Are we almost there?" roughly once per mile.  We listened to his Muppets CD nearly 32 times.  I kid you not.

He was a little concerned in the hospital.  When he saw Andrea (shortly before the baby arrived), he said, "I don't like baby Reagan.  I don't want her to come out."  When he saw her the first time, he said, "She's no good."  If you look at the pic, you can tell Andrea's the pretty one of the two Willard sisters.  

Uncle Craig (my "little" brother) surprised all by flying in from Boston-picking him up was its own adventure.  Needless to say, when he rode with us to see the young Seay family the day after Reagan went home from the hospital, Uncle Craig had to pull double duty.  He was doting Uncle Craig, tender with baby (I wish to goodness I could find the pic of him "eating" the baby), and wild Uncle Craig, tireless on the playground with a wide-open Tian Yo.  



Finally, YoYo came around--and around and around--as Uncle Tyson spun him in a chair.  Shortly afterwards, he said, "I love baby Reagan."  The spin therapy had worked.  When he finally let me hold Reagan without yelling, "No, that's MY Mama!" he stroked her arm very gently and whispered, "I don't want to break her."





PS-for those who wondered, YES, the three of us look ridiculously similar. 

3 comments:

Chelsea Gour said...

Totally cool post! So....YoYo has some green eyed monster issues! Well, that makes him pretty normal for a preschooler!! You guys do look a lot alike. I look nothing like my sisters! But, I wouldn't say Andrea got all the looks. Hey, did you get a hair cut???

Susania said...

I love this post. All the elements of an interesting family story!

Erin said...

AAAA!!! You cut your hair! It looks good! And, what a great change of heart/mind over Reagan. he's possessive of you :)