Wednesday, October 15, 2008

tag!


Well, Chelsea did it-she totally surprised me, and boy was it a welcome one. Thanks to Chelsea Gour, over at gourfamilyadoption.blogspot.com, for the challenge. I don't know how to link a blog, but I'll sure try. As for the random facts...well, you really shouldn't be surprised.

Fact 1: I had an album on Word Records. Really. I do a mean NYC accent, so I was hired as a Rosie O'Donnell impersonator for a kids' Christmas album called, "The MK Christmas Special." (MK=Missionary Kids) They even asked me to sing-haven't gotten any other offers...yet.

Fact 2: I set my classroom on fire in 5th grade-I didn't mean to. I was isolated for talking too much (imagine!), and when I got my work finished before everyone else, I pulled the wire from a spiral notebook and stuck it in an outlet to see what would happen. Turns out, it set the carpet on fire.

Fact 3: I demonstrated/taught a pilates routine for pelvic support to an ob/gyn and her assistant the day before they opened the first women's post-natal care clinic in Northern Iraq.

Fact 4: One of my life goals is to win a ribbon at our county fair for my chocolate pound cake, peach preserves, or both. Dear Aunt Betty, I am coming to get you. Dear Grandmother, I am converting your recipes from cups to grams in the pursuit of America's Test Kitchen precision.

Fact 5: Long story, but when I was 8, I played drums for the first time in the home studio of Artimus Pyle, then drummer for Lynyrd Skynyrd-he let me try out his drum kit and my Dad feared we'd be in a world of trouble if I broke anything, but Mr. Pyle said, "It's OK, man, let her do her thing."

Fact 6: I took a weekend Pre-Raphaelite painting class at the Tate Gallery, London. Can we just live there, please?

Fact 7: I ran numbers for a bookie...when I was six.


Ok, that was fun! So here's my tags-go girls!

http://kat.eleven33.com/
http://www.erin-eje.blogspot.com/ (also see www.erinelizabethjones.com for her thinking-ful art)
http://shouston.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Didi said...

How did I not know some of that stuff??

Annabanana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annabanana said...

"these things happen," said faulkner...

Anonymous said...

suddenly, I feel very dull and boring

i didn't know any of these!