Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Welcome to Go!

A week left and counting...

Skype #3 with YoYo tonight--apparently the dog is a hit. I have to admit, however, that 2 things disturb me about his care thus far: he knows the Barney song, and he fled our conversation tonight to find solace in the arms of a stuffed Teletubbie. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If you're new to my blog, I'll summarize. In July 2005, we started the adoption journey with a local agency. Because of breakdown within the agency, we left after 18 months with nothing to show for our time. Last February, we picked up the journey again with a new agency. A month later, we had completed our homestudy and traveled to China for a two week tour. We decided to pursue special needs adoption--called "Waiting Child" adoption by our agency. We requested children in June, then again in October. Our October request for one little boy with very large needs was frighteningly successful--and in 6 days, we'll travel to meet him and bring him home!

I'll admit, summarizing was harder than I expected. It brought back so many things that haven't yet made it to the blog. I told a friend the other day, "Who would walk the path before them if they could see its entirety? Fear would crush us forever." Some might choose to call it spiritual warfare, but I know that the biggest battle was with my own fear, and if it had won, not only would we not be traveling in 6 days-we might never be parents at all. There were so many near-misses.

But here we are, and I'm blogging as if I don't have a list to panic about. I must be off.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAAM

Sara said...

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

I had no idea you all were so close to going, Anna!!! AAAHHHHH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! There's sooooo much to do to get ready to go, isn't there??!

We'll be praying for you!!!

Sara

gene said...

I just finished reading all your blog entries. I am reminded why I have always felt honored to know you and Shane. Not only are you the only person I knew in college who could belch the entire alphabet, but you are also one of the few people I know with gold for character. Gold only becomes a precious metal after it has been refined with pressure and fire. (forgive the cliche') I never felt you needed much refining, but it appears that you have been especially so with the adoption process. I know that you have the anxieties, stress and personal uncertainities as the day approaches. But, from someone who knows you as you really are, I think YouYou is especially blessed of Heaven to have you two as parents.

Please give Shane our love!

Diana Lynn said...

Anna and Shane; have heard stories thru the family but after reading it...WOW... GOD's Grace....Hurry and wait on a gift lol...GOD Bless you both going and safety for the new family on the way home...Love you both...Joe and Diana Lynn

ET said...

Hey Gene, do you know the meaning of Yo-Yo's Chinese name? You might have heard it from Anna and Shane. Yes, it means blessed by heaven or protected by heaven! Indeed, what a blessing it is to be loved by parents like Anna and Shane.

Sara said...

Just two more sleeps!!! You're about to give birth, my friend!

Sara
(again.... I'm thinking of you all the time now!)

PS JT just finished a Both Hands project with some friends... raised all the needed funds for the Kersey adoption working on Diana Beach's roof! Praise God!! JT said it was like an old fashioned barn raising! We're probably about four months away from 501c3 status.